5 farmers markets you need to check out in Vancouver
Come meet other shoppers haggle over the price of the ripe and succulent tomatoes...or is it the eggplants and zucchini? Whichever. The City of Vancouver boasts some of the best farmers' markets in Canada. From fresh dairy products to freshly cut flowers to green spinach and Irish potatoes...whatever you need, you will find it in the markets. Below are the top rated markets in the city.
1. Trout Lake Farmers Market - This is opened on Saturdays only from 9AM to 2PM. It is located at North Parking Lot of John Hendry Park at Trout Lake. Note; there is no parking here.
2. Kitsilano Farmers Market - Located at 2690 Larch Street at 10th Avenue, this market is opened on Sundays only from 10AM to 2PM.
3. West End Farmers Market - This market is located at 1100 Block of Comox Street and is opened on Saturdays only from 9AM to 2 PM.
4. Main Street Station Farmers Market - This is the most ideally located market in Vancouver. It is located at 1100 Block Station Street along Thornton Park. This is a transport hub and you will have no problem to transport your wares. It is open on Wednesdays from 3PM to 7PM.
5. Mt Pleasant Farmers Market - Opened on Sundays from 10AM to 2PM, this market is located at Guelph Street between 7th and 8th Avenues.
Note that the above markets are opened during the summer months of May through October. If I were you, I would surprise my love with a dinner made using the best of local ingredients. How is that for some great summer memory?